Overnight oats or Bircher Muesli is a simple high fibre breakfast that will keep you satisfied. This make ahead recipe features the bright flavours of fresh ginger and lemon and is rounded out with a touch of sweetener. A small…
These scrumptious Raspberry & Coconut Muffins are the ultimate snack!
- 1 ¾ cup plain wholemeal flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbs shredded coconut, for sprinkling on top
- 2 tsp raw sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin tray with muffin patty pans. Alternatively, grease all 12 cups on your muffin tin with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the oil and honey or maple syrup with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well. Then add the yoghurt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon until just combined. Then gently fold the raspberries into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the top of the muffins with coconut and sugar. Bake the muffins for 22 to 24 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tray and leave to cool on a cooling rack.