Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes
It’s the day before Christmas and you’re in need of another tasty, vegetarian-friendly side dish – what to make?!
Queue our Roast Cauliflower with Yogurt, Pomegranate and Herbs.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 onion peeled, sliced
- 1 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 30gm pine nuts, toasted
- 300gm Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac
- 145ml olive oil
- Heat the oven to 220c.
- In a large bowl, mix cauliflower florets with 3 tbsp of oil and a pinch of salt, then spread out on a large oven tray. Bake for 25 minutes, leaving a bit of crunch. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Heat a pan on medium and add 2 tbsp of oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook. Saute until soft and lightly brown. Pour this into the cauliflower bowl.
- Now, heat oil for the tomato paste. Once hot, add the paste and chilli flakes for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, a tbsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Mix the coriander, caraway, sumac, mint, half the pine nuts, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and pepper into the cauliflower bowl.
- To serve: spread the yoghurt sauce over a platter and place the cauliflower mixture on top. Spoon over the tomato paste and garnish with mint leaves, pomegranate arils and pine nuts.