3 hours 30 mins
This tart has stolen our heart! Handmade with love is our recipe for a delicious, decadent Salted Chocolate Mandarin Tart topped with candied mandarin. Need we say more? Do yourself a favour and get baking today!
- Grease a loose-bottomed tart tin with butter.
- On a floured surface, place your pastry and scatter mandarin zest all over. Gently roll with a rolling pin and press zest into pastry. Line your tart tin with the pastry and trim excess off edges. Allow to chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line the pastry shell with baking paper and fill with pastry weights (or beans or rice). Bake in the oven for 15 mins, then remove the paper and weights. Bake again for another 5 mins.
- In a saucepan on the stove, heat your cream to just below boiling point. Pour the chocolate and 1 tsp salt into the cream. Let it sit for 1-2 mins to allow the chocolate to melt, before stirring well to combine.
- Add in the mandarin juice, and orange liqueur. Pour the chocolate mixture into your pastry shell, then let tart chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- To make the candied mandarin, slice the mandarins thinly. Place sugar and 1 cup of water into a pan and let that simmer. Add in your mandarin slices. Turn heat to low, and cook for 7 mins, or until soft.
- Remove candied mandarins from the pan and allow them to cool. Set aside the syrup from the pan and cook this down for 3 more mins, until slightly reduced.
- When serving your tart, top with the candied mandarin, syrup, and sprinkle over some more sea salt. Yum!