We’re taking full advantage of the season’s sweetest stone fruit with this recipe for Grilled Sticky Mango!
An Asian-inspired unique starter that boasts the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and umami-rich flavours, you’re going to want to grab a few of these for your plate.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Slice mango to separate the cheeks from the seed with the skin on. Slice a criss-cross pattern into the mango cheek flesh and place on a large baking tray.
- Mix together the miso, soy sauce, honey and chilli in a small bowl. Brush mango cheeks with the mixture.
- Spray mango cheeks with olive oil spray. Place under grill for 5 – 10 mins, pulling them out occasionally to baste with more miso mixture. Mango will be ready once sticky and golden.
- To serve: place mango cheeks on a serving platter. Garnish with spring onion, extra chilli slices and cashews.