The natural sweetness of Cara Cara oranges lends itself perfectly to this bright and zingy sorbet. It makes the perfect palate-cleansing dessert after a meaty Barbeque lunch and can be made well ahead of time and stored in the freezer.…
Looking for a guilt free muffin for your back to school needs? We have you covered with our delicious strawberry and orange muffins. Made with both wholemeal and spelt flour, these muffins will actually help your child’s energy last longer, along with keeping them full and helping reduce any hunger during breaks.
Our hot tip is to make a double batch and wrap each individual muffin separately. Place them in the freezer and take out what you require the night before to thaw. This will help the task of packing lunch boxes a little less stressful, with easy to pack treats!
- Preheat an oven to 200C.
- Grease a standard muffin tins with a little melted butter or oil.
- Pat dry the sliced strawberries between paper towels to keep any juices from colouring the batter.
- In a large bowl stir and combine well the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, milk, sour cream, olive oil, egg and orange zest until mixed; stir in the strawberries. Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spoon some batter in each muffin cup, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean, approximately 15-18 minutes.
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack.