Getting bored of your regular salads? Jazz it up with our persimmon salad with radicchio and parmesan. Both refreshing and savoury, the bowl will be spotless after dinner!
Ah, the beauty of fresh strawberries. We can’t resist a punnet or two at our local fruit and veg shop! This Strawberry & Burrata Salad pairs sweet strawbs with creamy burrata, fresh mint, and other goodness.
- To make your mint pesto, toast the almonds in a small frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 mins, stirring regularly. Note: They should be a couple of shades darker and have a nutty smell. Once done, tip them onto a plate to cool. Once cooled, blitz them in a food processor until they’re finely ground.
- Pick the leaves from the mint and add to the food processor. Roughly chop the parsley leaves, then add to the food processor with the garlic. Pulse until roughly chopped. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Blitz once again to form a smooth paste, adding a touch of cold water to help it combine if necessary.
- To prepare the salad, cut up your strawberries into bite-sized slices or pieces and arrange on a serving platter.
- Tear your burrata into pieces and scatter over the strawberries.
- Sprinkle over some mint leaves and the pine nuts.
- Drizzle with mint pesto, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, or serve as-is.