Perfect for Fussy Eaters. Even adults can enjoy these delicious hot weather treats.
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Hull the strawberries. Reserve half for topping and dice remaining strawberries. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition. Add yoghurt and flour and beat on a low speed until combined. Use a spoon to stir in diced strawberries. Divide batter between paper cases, filling each about ¾ full. Bake 20 minutes or until firm. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water (make sure the water does not touch the bowl). Stir continuously until smooth. Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes or until very thick but still spreadable (the frosting should drop off a spoon, rather than pour).
- Spread frosting over cupcakes. Before serving, decorate cupcakes with slices of reserved strawberries. To form butterflies cut 2 slices lengthways down the middle of a strawberry. Cut each slice in half lengthways (this forms the wings for 2 butterflies). Cut 2 slivers from the strawberry offcuts to form 2 butterfly bodies. Place on top of two iced cupcakes to form butterflies. Continue with remaining strawberries. Enjoy nibbling on the remaining strawberry offcuts!
Tip: decorate cupcakes with strawberry slices up to an hour before serving
Recipe by: Victorian Strawberries