Now that we’re getting back to working in the office, we’re always on the lookout for some on-the-go breakfast ideas! This Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Loaf made with in-season sweet potato is a delicious choice.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin, or line it with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on a microwave safe plate. Prick all over with a fork and microwave for 5-10 mins until cooked. Allow to cool, then scoop out the flesh and mash.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl combine the mashed sweet potato, mashed banana, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to the loaf tin and use your hands to press down so that the dough is even. Top with walnuts and pumpkin seeds (or stir them through the dough if that’s more your thing!)
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove bread from tin and allow to cool slightly on a baking tray.
- Enjoy while the bread is still warm!