The perfect hash browns don’t exi.. Oh wait, yes they do! These are our healthy new homemade hash browns that are easy to make and crispy, crispy, crispy! When served with a side of avocado, tomatoes and tomato sauce or relish, you’ve got yourself a wholesome, tasty breakfast.
Be sure to pick up the potatoes from your local fruit and veg shop.
- Rinse the grated potatoes until the water runs clear, then drain and squeeze all the water out.
- Place the grated potato in a bowl, and stir through the onion, flour and egg until it’s all well combined.
- Heat about a ¼ of an inch of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- When the oil is sizzling hot, form the grated potatoes into patties and place in the pan in a single layer, in batches.
- Cook the hash browns until they’re nicely browned on the bottom, then flip over and allow to brown on the other side.
- Once the hash browns are cooked, remove them from the pan, and allow them to drain on a paper towel lined tray or plate.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately alongside sliced avocado, tomatoes and relish or tomato sauce, if desired.