Spinach ohitashi is a traditional Japanese dish that showcases fresh spinach leaves blanched to perfection and seasoned with a savory dashi-based sauce. The spinach is briefly boiled and then immediately cooled in ice water to retain its vibrant green colour…
Say hello to your new fave side dish ?? Our Roasted Asparagus is roasted alongside sliced lemon to give it a delicious tang. It’s then topped with creamy feta and crunchy flaked almonds. Need we say more?
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus, discarding the ends.
- Place the asparagus on the lined baking tray, drizzling the olive oil on top to lightly coat the asparagus.
- Sprinkle over some salt and pepper, then toss until the asparagus is coated. Be sure to arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer on the tray.
- Place tray in the oven and bake until the base of the asparagus spears are easily pierced with a fork. Note: The size of your asparagus spears will impact the cooking time. For thin asparagus, cooking time will be 9-12 mins, and thicker asparagus will need 15-20 mins.
- Once done, transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving plate and top with the crumbled feta and sliced almonds.