Our Tofu Quinoa Veggie Scramble makes for a hearty, healthy dish that is easy to make and is packed full of protein and wholegrains!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into small half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 3-4 handfuls of baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh herbs, to serve
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Sauté the onion, capsicum, and zucchini, stirring often for 5-6 mins, or until the onion is soft. Next, add the garlic and stir for one more min.
- Reduce heat to medium-low then add the tofu, quinoa, nutritional yeast, turmeric, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add in the baby spinach, stirring gently until the greens are just wilted.
- Finally, add in the lemon juice, taste the scramble, and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with toppings of your choice.