Bring colour to your table with this quick and easy salad that pops with flavour. The cool fresh tastes from the herbs to the earthy sweet flavours from the carrots and beetroot are sure to impress any crowd. This salad…
The parsnips caramelise and the pastry remains very crisp when cooked and served upside down.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the butter and oil, add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Slice parsnips lengthways, add to butter and cook 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in sugar and balsamic and simmer 8 minutes.
- Arrange parsnips in the bottom of a spring-form pan and spoon over onions and juices. Cut a circle of pastry a little larger than the pan. Place over parsnips and tuck in edges to make a snug fit.
- Bake 25 minutes until well puffed crisp and golden. Turn out onto a plate, slice into wedges and serve topped with cumin butter made by beating softened butter and cumin together.