Vegetable Paella… the name says it all – veggie packed deliciousness, ready to satisfy your hunger. We love a one pan dinner, and this is one of the best!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 225g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups short-grain white rice
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup green peas
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup green olives, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large pan with a fitted lid over medium-high.
- Add the onion, capsicum, and mushrooms, and cook for 7-8 mins, or until all the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, and cook for 2 mins, until fragrant.
- Then add the wine and cook for 2-3 mins, until the wine has mostly reduced. Stir in the rice, cooking for 2-3 mins, until the rice begins to turn translucent.
- Stir through the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, and green peas. Bring mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat and cover, cooking for 25 mins.
- While the paella is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon zest and juice with 2 tbs olive oil.
- Once the rice is cooked through, remove the lid and cook for another 5 mins.
- To serve, scatter the parsley mixture on top, then garnish with the green olives. Enjoy!