Warm up in the morning with our NEW Winter Porridge with Turmeric Baked Fruits. Creamy oats topped with gorgeous spiced, baked fruits… hello deliciousness!
- To make the baked fruits, firstly wash the apple and pear, then slice them into wedges, removing seeds and cores. Note: There’s no need to peel the skins off – we recommend leaving them on!
- Slice the orange into wedges, leaving the skin on again.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the honey, cinnamon and star anise until the honey gets darker in colour. Carefully add in all the fruits, ginger and turmeric. Coat the fruit in the honey mix, then transfer the contents of the pan to the lined tray. Roast in the oven for 10 mins.
- Once done, remove the tray from the oven, and set aside while you prepare the porridge.
- In a juicer, wash and juice the carrots and apple. Set the orange zest aside then juice the orange.
- In a saucepan, add the oats, then add a mix of the carrot, apple and orange juice (around 400ml). Add a pinch of salt, then bring the mix to a boil. One boiling gently, reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Add the milk and simmer for 10 mins, or until the porridge is creamy and the oats are soft. Add the orange zest and grate in the fresh ginger.
- Give the porridge a stir, adding more milk if needed. To serve, divide the porridge between four bowls, then top with the baked fruits.