Zucchinis take centre stage in our new Zucchini Gratin! Baked to perfection along with some Asparagus, this veg side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a main meal.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make the vegan parmesan cheese, blitz all the vegan parmesan ingredients in a blender or food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- In a 10-inch oven safe skillet pan, heat ½ tbsp olive oil over a medium-low heat. Sauté the onion until soft – around 10 mins. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice zucchini into very thin rounds, ideally using a mandolin, otherwise a sharp knife will do! Cut off the top 2-3 inches of the asparagus stalks.
- Add asparagus and zucchini to a large mixing bowl and top with the remaining olive oil, salt, a pinch of pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Spread the onions around the bottom of the skillet in an even layer. Top with the zucchini rounds, starting on the outside and working your way in. Once the zucchini is in, tuck the asparagus pieces into the layers.
- Top evenly with the vegan parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 mins, broiling on high for the last 1-2 mins to crisp up the top.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few mins before serving. Enjoy!