The importance of your health and wellbeing is incredibly high! There are a lot of different things that can impact your general health and wellbeing, and if you’re not looking after yourself, things can seem pretty out of whack! So, we’re here to help you get back on track and give yourself the best chance at a healthy life and overall wellbeing!
- Keep active – keeping physically active can be tough but it’s crucial. While half an hour to an hour of rigorous exercise for adults a day is ideal, at least make a point of going for a brisk walk every day to get the feet moving and the heart pumping!
- Eat well – hello fresh fruit and veg!
- Do things with others – spending time with friends and family will help your mental health dramatically. Time with loved ones is good for the soul and the mind!
- Sleep well – try and get those 8 healthy hours if possible. Sticking to a regular bed time and switching off your electronic devices an hour or so before bed will help you have a better night’s sleep.
- Do something creative – some of our recommendations include drawing, puzzles or baking!
- Take time out – you’ll notice a huge difference in your mental wellbeing when you prioritise self-care. Take a relaxing bath, give yourself a facial or practice some meditation in nature.
- Focus on your strengths, it’s all about positive thinking!
It’s all about taking the time for you, and making sure you’re putting in the effort to get what you need from life. Your mental and physical health are far too important to be put on the back burner!