There’s something a little bit retro about this style of potato dish, but it seems they are back for an encore and we are wondering why they ever went out of style?! They look gorgeous, are satisfyingly crunchy, and offer a perfect platform for all sorts of saucy, cheesy goodness. We’ve paired them with a classic Leek, Bacon and Cheese combination that never disappoints. These make an impressive side for when you are having dinner guests, or even a more-ish lunch when you are in the mood for something special.
- 4 medium sized potatoes (Best roasting varieties include Dutch Cream, Desiree, Coliban and Sebago are suitable)
- 1 leek (white part only)
- ½ cup Diced Bacon
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ tbsp finely sliced chives
- salt and pepper
- Olive Oil spray
- Wash and dry leek. Thoroughly wash and dry potatoes (cut out any large eyes but keep the skin on). Slice the whites of the leeks into 2-3 mm slices.
- Cut potatoes by placing them between two wooden spoon handles (this will stop you from cutting all the way through the potato). Using a sharp knife, Cut 2 – 3mm thin slices horizontally across the potato stopping at the spoon handles.
- Spray or baste with olive oil, allowing oil to penetrate slices, and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Turn the Air-fryer to 180C and cook potatoes for 20-30 minutes until brown and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a small cold frypan and turn on to medium heat, cook until bacon crisps up. Add butter to the bacon to melt and remove the bacon from the pan, retain bacon-infused butter.
- Over medium heat cook leek in the butter until soft and translucent and set aside
- Remove potatoes from Air-fryer once done, gently spread the potato slices and stuff them with leek and cheese. Sprinkle extra cheese on top and return to the air-fryer.
- Fry for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melting and bubbling.
- Remove from Air-fryer and sprinkle with bacon and sliced chives.