Have you tried a custard apple before? This fruit surprisingly tastes like custard and mimics the texture.
Are you an Apple dessert lover? If so, we’ve got a treat for you! Our new Apple Strudel is filled with delicious Granny Smith Apples, making every bite a delight
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon, then add the apples and raisins. Toss to coat.
- Cut the pastry in half. Place one half onto the lined baking tray. Dust the pastry slightly with flour. Spoon the apple mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border around the edges.
- Place the other pastry half on top of the apple mixture and press the outside edges together.
- Combine the egg with 1 tbsp of water. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Bake for 35 mins or until the pastry is golden.
- Once cooked, transfer the strudel to a wire rack lined with baking paper for 30 mins to cool. Slice into six pieces and serve!