You can bake them into a loaf of bread, mix them into a pancake batter, freeze them and cover them in chocolate or make them into ice cream, you can even blend them up into a smoothie…. Is there anything…
Scrambled eggs with a twist! Ginger, chilli and spring onion make for the ultimate Asian Style Scrambled Eggs. Served with a side of bok choy and a drizzle of kecap manis, it’s a healthy and delicious brekky!
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a non-stick fry pan with oil and heat over a medium-low heat.
- Add the bok choy to the pan with 1 tbsp water, cooking until the bok choy is vibrant and almost tender. Transfer to a plate once done.
- Add the spring onions, ginger and chilli to the pan, and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until tender.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, swirling to coat the base of the pan. Cook without stirring for around 30 secs.
- Using a spatula or slotted turner, push the eggs around the outer edge towards the centre of the pan, tilting the pan slightly to allow the uncooked portion of the eggs to run over the base.
- Gently push the eggs around the pan every few seconds until soft folds form but the eggs aren’t overcooked. Remove scrambled eggs from the heat, then serve on a plate with the bok choy and a drizzle of soy sauce or oyster sauce.