This new dessert of ours will be the apple of your eye 😉 These scrumptious Baked Apples with a crunchy granola topping are the perfect winter warmer. This dish could even pass as a breakfast option… shhh we won’t tell anyone. You can find the recipe via our link in bio.
Be sure to pick up the apples from your local fruit and veg shop! 🍎
- Preheat oven to 190C. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Ensure that 6 apple halves can fit in the dish.
- Halve the apples from stem to bottom, then use a spoon to scoop out the core of each half.
- Arrange the apple halves in the baking dish, flesh facing up. Scatter 1 tbs of brown sugar and ¼ tsp of cinnamon over the apples.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the flour, oats, salt and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the topping between the 6 apple halves, lightly pressing it down.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake for around 25 mins. Remove the aluminium foil, then bake another 20-30 mins, or until the apples are soft and the topping is a beautiful golden brown.
- To serve, place apple halves in serving bowls and top with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!