Mix up your meals with our Chinese-inspired mandarin orange chicken. The zesty kick will have you drooling for more. 🍗
Today we’re chicken-out this delicious baked pineapple chicken on a bed of steamy brown rice. Served in the middle of the table with a side salad of mixed greens, and the refreshing zest of mint and lime juice, this is one way to shake up your lunch or dinner!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red spanish onion, peeled & sliced into wedges
- 2 tb extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of a lime + 1 lime cut into wedges
- Salt & fresh black pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Combine the brown rice and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 40 mins or until cooked. Preheat the oven to 180.
- In a jar combine the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and scatter over the red onion wedges and pineapple. Olive oil and lime dressing. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins.
- Pile the cooked brown rice onto a serving platter, thickly slice the chicken and place on top of the rice along with the pineapple and red onion mixture. Drizzle over the cooking juices and scatter with fresh mint and coriander.
- Serve in the middle of the table alongside a salad of mixed greens and cucumber, dressed with extra virgin olive oil and lime juice.