Deliciously moist with juicy pieces of fresh cherries dotted throughout, this Choc-Cherry olive oil bundt cake is a must-try for any cherry and chocolate lover. Cherry season is such an exciting time, for many of us, it is synonymous with…
Homemade ice cream sandwiched between two freshly baked cookies? Yes please! This may well be the dessert of our dreams but we’ll let you decide that for yourself.
- Heat oven to 160C fan forced, and line two large trays with baking paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and caster sugar, then add in the melted butter and egg. Mix well to combine.
- Gradually add in the sifted flour and remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Mix well to combine, to resemble cookie dough.
- Place chunks of cookie dough (about the size of a cherry tomato) onto the lined tray, flattening gently with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the bananas, double cream and vanilla in a food processor and blend until this resembles ice cream.
- Scoop the ice cream into balls using an ice cream scoop, and sandwich between two cookies. Drizzle with peanut butter if desired. Serve immediately.