Delicious Greek Chicken Gyros! Using quintessential greek flavours like creamy Tzatziki, these DIY Gyros are sure to delight and satisfy your family for lunch or dinner.
This bowl isn’t just pretty… it tastes SO good. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and has healthy veggies in it as well as tender beef strips and a dressing that is oh so tasty!
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 300g beef strips
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin matchsticks
- ¼ bunch kale, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 mins or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the cooked rice from the heat, and set aside, covered, for 5 mins. Once done, use a fork to fluff up the rice.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef strips on a hot pan drizzled with olive oil. Transfer to a plate, then cover with foil and allow to sit for 5 mins.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the beef strips, chopped vegetables and avocado.
- Drizzle over the dressing mixture, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!