This bowl isn’t just pretty… it tastes SO good. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and has healthy veggies in it as well as tender beef strips and a dressing that is oh so tasty!
Would you look at that gorgeous rainbow salad! Bursting with fresh kale, tomato and cabbage, it’s a healthy salad for the ages! Pair it with a Chicken Parmigiana and you’ve got the ultimate healthy dinner!
- For the chicken
- 2 slices wholegrain bread (slightly stale is fine)
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 small skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup light grated cheese
- For the salad
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2/3 cup red cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat a grill oven to high. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, oil and vinegar to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 20 mins or until the tomatoes are soft. Once done, crush tomatoes with a fork.
- Blitz the bread slices in a nutri-bullet or food processor until they are fine breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Tenderise the chicken breast fillets by covering them with baking paper and hitting them with a rolling pin.
- Brush the chicken breasts with some olive oil and press the breadcrumbs over both sides.
- Heat some olive oil in a fry pan and cook the chicken for about 3 mins on each side or until cooked through. Then place the coated chicken breasts onto the lined baking tray and top with the tomato mixture. Add a slice of ham, then top with the grated cheese.
- Place the tray under the grill for 3 mins or so until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the carrot, capsicum, kale, cabbage, and tomatoes. Toss to coat.
- To serve, divide the salad between four serving plates and place one parmigiana onto each plate.