Our new Turkey Pad Thai is a wholesome dinner that’ll satisfy hungry tummies! Carrot, coriander, bean shoots, turkey mince, and noodles, topped with crunchy peanuts and fresh lime juice… yum!
Would you look at that gorgeous rainbow salad! Bursting with fresh kale, tomato and cabbage, it’s a healthy salad for the ages! Pair it with a Chicken Parmigiana and you’ve got the ultimate healthy dinner!
- For the chicken
- 2 slices wholegrain bread (slightly stale is fine)
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 small skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup light grated cheese
- For the salad
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2/3 cup red cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat a grill oven to high. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, oil and vinegar to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 20 mins or until the tomatoes are soft. Once done, crush tomatoes with a fork.
- Blitz the bread slices in a nutri-bullet or food processor until they are fine breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Tenderise the chicken breast fillets by covering them with baking paper and hitting them with a rolling pin.
- Brush the chicken breasts with some olive oil and press the breadcrumbs over both sides.
- Heat some olive oil in a fry pan and cook the chicken for about 3 mins on each side or until cooked through. Then place the coated chicken breasts onto the lined baking tray and top with the tomato mixture. Add a slice of ham, then top with the grated cheese.
- Place the tray under the grill for 3 mins or so until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the carrot, capsicum, kale, cabbage, and tomatoes. Toss to coat.
- To serve, divide the salad between four serving plates and place one parmigiana onto each plate.