Nothing screams Christmas like a pudding! Impress your guests on Christmas day with this Fragrant Low-Fat Christmas Pudding!
These black forest cupcakes combine rich chocolate cake with fresh cherries and a butter icing. Make them to surprise your family today!
- Cupcake Mixture
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup caster/raw sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 200g pitted cherries, halved
- Icing & Decoration
- 125g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 whole cherries with stem on
- Preheat oven to 180◦C and place 12 cupcake wrappers in a muffin tin.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until creamy. Add eggs and beat well until incorporated.
- Stir in yoghurt and then gently fold in flour, baking powder, cocoa, cherries and milk until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool.
- Make the icing by combining the butter, sugar and vanilla paste. Add milk as required to achieve a rich, creamy, spreadable consistency.
- Sift the icing sugar over each cupcake (or drizzle with chocolate topping!) and top with a cherry.