Light and fluffy Lemon & Raspberry Coconut Muffins are sure to make your morning delightful. We’ve created the perfect recipe that features those two fabulous fruits!
These black forest cupcakes combine rich chocolate cake with fresh cherries and a butter icing. Make them to surprise your family today!
- Cupcake Mixture
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup caster/raw sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 200g pitted cherries, halved
- Icing & Decoration
- 125g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 whole cherries with stem on
- Preheat oven to 180◦C and place 12 cupcake wrappers in a muffin tin.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until creamy. Add eggs and beat well until incorporated.
- Stir in yoghurt and then gently fold in flour, baking powder, cocoa, cherries and milk until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool.
- Make the icing by combining the butter, sugar and vanilla paste. Add milk as required to achieve a rich, creamy, spreadable consistency.
- Sift the icing sugar over each cupcake (or drizzle with chocolate topping!) and top with a cherry.