As the weather starts to warm up, salads become a staple! Meet our new Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas. It’s garlicky, healthy and has a crunch – yummo!
Gorgeous Blood Oranges are the shining star of our new salad. This is our Blood Orange & Fennel Salad which will brighten up the lunch or dinner table with its vibrant colours.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and vinegar, then add in the sliced red onion and set aside for 15 mins to pickle. Once done, drain, reserving the vinegar and sugar mix.
- Cut rind from the blood oranges, then slice into rounds. Reserve around 2 tsp of juice from slicing.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tsp blood orange juice with 2 tsp of the reserved vinegar and sugar mix, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fennel in 1 tbsp the reserved vinegar and sugar mix, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- To serve, place half of the blood orange rounds on a platter. Top with 2/3 of the fennel, some pickled onions, and parsley, before placing the remaining blood orange slices on top. Top with the remaining fennel, and pickled onion. Sprinkle with more parsley leaves, then finish by drizzling over the dressing. Enjoy!