A fresh take on the traditional, our Broccoli Tabbouleh is a bright, flavourful dish that makes for a very versatile side!
- Prepare the couscous according to packet directions. Once done, fluff the couscous with a fork, cover, and set aside.
- Allow couscous to cool.
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces and place the florets into a food processor. Pulse until the broccoli is in small pea-sized pieces.
- Heat a deep-fry pan over a medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of water to the pan then add in the finely chopped broccoli and cover. Steam the broccoli for around 1 min, then remove the cover and continue cooking, stirring the whole time. Remove pan from heat once done.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint leaves, or process in a food processor.
- Add the cooked couscous, broccoli, herbs and finely chopped red onion into a mixing bowl. Toss to combine. For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. Mix everything well, then serve!