Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
All Year, Summer
A true crowd-pleaser, our Capsicum Pesto is moreish and sweet, perfect for charcuterie platters and summer picnic spreads!
A one-bowl-wonder, it doesn’t get easier or tastier than this!
- 300g capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup (35g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained reserving ¼ cup oil
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, extra for garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Place the capsicum onto the tray and roast 30 minutes.
- Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, keeping ¼ of a cup.
- Place the capsicum, tomato, parsley, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With the food processor still running, add the sun-dried tomato oil slowly until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar or serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with extra parsley and extra pine nuts to serve.