Chef Callum Hann has created an exclusive recipe for A Better Choice fans. His Roasted Eggplant with Zucchini Salad and Tahini Yoghurt packs a punch with delicious Mediterranean flavours. Featuring delicious eggplant, zucchini, pomegranate and spinach, this veggie packed dish…
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 3 cobs corn, silks removed, kernels cut from cob
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp fine rice flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- Finely grated rind 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 1/4 cup blanched almond, roughly chopped
- 1 cup small mint leaves
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and celery and cook for 1 to 2min. Add the corn and cook for 1min.
- Sift the flours and baking powder together. Whisk the eggs until foamy and add the flour mixture, vegetables, herbs, lime rind and season well with salt & pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan until very hot. Add ladlefuls of mixture to the pan and shallow fry on both sides until brown and crispy. Serve immediately topped with the salsa.
- For the Salsa: Combine the ingredients just before serving.
Tip: Be sure to have the oil very hot – the pancakes will be super crispy and delicious.