Getting bored of your regular salads? Jazz it up with our persimmon salad with radicchio and parmesan. Both refreshing and savoury, the bowl will be spotless after dinner!
Chef Callum Hann has created an exclusive recipe for A Better Choice fans. His Roasted Eggplant with Zucchini Salad and Tahini Yoghurt packs a punch with delicious Mediterranean flavours. Featuring delicious eggplant, zucchini, pomegranate and spinach, this veggie packed dish is destined to be a household favourite.
- 2 eggplants, cut into eighths lengthways
- 1 tbs oil, plus 1 tbs extra
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, shaved into ribbon using a vegetable peeler
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves picked
- ½ bunch of mint, leaves picked
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place eggplant on a lined baking tray with baking paper. Sprinkle with one tablespoon oil, cumin and salt. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, tahini and garlic in a small bowl.
- Combine zucchini, chickpeas, baby spinach, parsley, mint, red wine vinegar and remaining one tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread tahini yoghurt on a serving platter. Arrange zucchini salad and eggplant on top, before garnishing with pomegranate seeds.