Never underestimate the power of a cauli! Golden brown goodness awaits with this delicious za’atar roasted cauliflower served with almonds and pearl couscous.
Chef Callum Hann has created an exclusive recipe for A Better Choice fans. His Roasted Eggplant with Zucchini Salad and Tahini Yoghurt packs a punch with delicious Mediterranean flavours. Featuring delicious eggplant, zucchini, pomegranate and spinach, this veggie packed dish is destined to be a household favourite.
- 2 eggplants, cut into eighths lengthways
- 1 tbs oil, plus 1 tbs extra
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, shaved into ribbon using a vegetable peeler
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves picked
- ½ bunch of mint, leaves picked
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place eggplant on a lined baking tray with baking paper. Sprinkle with one tablespoon oil, cumin and salt. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, tahini and garlic in a small bowl.
- Combine zucchini, chickpeas, baby spinach, parsley, mint, red wine vinegar and remaining one tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread tahini yoghurt on a serving platter. Arrange zucchini salad and eggplant on top, before garnishing with pomegranate seeds.