The natural sweetness of Cara Cara oranges lends itself perfectly to this bright and zingy sorbet. It makes the perfect palate-cleansing dessert after a meaty Barbeque lunch and can be made well ahead of time and stored in the freezer.…
Pizza for dessert? Yes please! ? This EASY Fruit Pizza is so much fun to make, and devour. Kids will love it, big kids will love it, and it uses so many colourful fruits from your local fruit and veg shop.
- 225g unsalted butter, cold
- 56g cream cheese, cold
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar, plus more for serving
- 3 cups of fresh fruit (we used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit, mango and banana)
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the frosting, place the cream cheese, butter, and icing sugar into a food processor bowl and pulse until smooth. Transfer the frosting to a medium bowl, and place in the fridge.
- To make the base, place the butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract into a food processor bowl and pulse until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Transfer the dough to the lined tray and use your fingers to press the dough into an even, round layer.
- Bake the base for 15-18 mins, until the edges are brown, and the centre is set but still slightly soft.
- Remove the base from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature (approx. 30 mins). Meanwhile, prepare the fruit toppings by slicing them.
- To serve, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the cooled base, leaving a border a few centimetres wide. Top with the sliced fruit and sprinkle with icing sugar.