Happy Halloween! ? To celebrate this spooky day, why not make these healthy Apple Critters with your little ones. They’ll have fun creating them and even more fun eating them!
Got some hungry little ones at home this weekend, or want to add some healthy snacks to the party table? These colourful fruit spring rolls are a great, easy-to-hold way of getting your kiddies trying more fruits like papaya and kiwi.
- Fill a shallow dish with lukewarm water.
- Lay out all your ingredients in a space that’s easily accessible so you can work one after another.
- Wet the rice paper in the warm water, ensuring it begins to become translucent.
- Place translucent rice paper on a flat non-stick surface (i.e. a clean tea towel or plastic chopping board). In the middle of the rice paper, fill the centre (approx. a palm size amount) with your desired fruits, as well as 3-4 mint leaves.
- Tuck the top and bottom of the rice paper over the fruit, followed by the left side, and roll towards the right to seal.
- Repeat with different fruits or keep the same fruit salad combination.
- Serve with honey, or caramel sauce.