Gorgeous Blood Oranges are the shining star of our new salad. This is our Blood Orange & Fennel Salad which will brighten up the lunch or dinner table with its vibrant colours.
Corn and Zucchini from your local Fruit and Veg shop are the heroes of this warm salad dish. Say hello to our Grilled Corn & Zucchini Salad – the perfect dish for hump day!
- 4-5 ears corn, in husk
- 2-3 medium zucchinis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup packed sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in hot water for 10 mins)
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat a grill pan. Slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise, brush lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper before setting aside. Soak the corn in husk in cold water for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing by adding the sun-dried tomatoes, hot water, lemon juice, basil, garlic, olive oil, and maple syrup to a blender. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Note: If the dressing is too thick, add more water until you reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Once the grill pan is hot, add the corn, still in husk, then cover. Cook for 5-8 mins, rotating to cook all sides, until all sides are a light golden brown. Once done, carefully remove the husks and place corn back on the grill until lightly brown – around 5 mins.
- When the corn is almost brown, add the zucchini to the grill and grill on each side for around 3-4 mins. Note: You want charred looking zucchini, but you also don’t want to let the zucchini get too soft. aside.
- Cut the corn off the cob and roughly chop the zucchini. Add both to a serving bowl, drizzle over the fresh lime juice and dressing. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately!