Frittatas are such a great breakfast meal and the perfect option for a “Breakfast in Bed” (no dry itching crumbs or sticky syrup to spill on the sheets). If you want to really impress, this frittata can be made in…
Breakfast in bed for Mum on Mother’s day is somewhat of a tradition for many families across the world. While this recipe takes a little time, if you’re feeling extra organised you can make these rosti’s ahead, this will make breakfast making Sunday morning a little easier.
They are best re heated in the fry pan so they can generate a nice little crisp about them again. Serve with your Mum’s favourite savoury breakfast flavours. Not too sure? We highly recommend serving alongside a little fresh rocket, shavings of smoked ham (smoked salmon would be delicious also), freshly cooked egg and finishing off with hollandaise sauce. YUM!
- Combine all the ingredients except for the oil in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in large, heavy fry pan over medium heat.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake in the fry pan smoothing it down with a spatula.
- Fry batter in batches until cooked through and golden brown, adding more oil if necessary, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer rosti’s to paper-towel-lined plate to drain briefly.
Serve on a bed of fresh rocket leaves toped with eggs cooked to your liking, shaved smoked ham and a drizzle of freshly made hollandaise sauce.