What better way to finish of an amazing day than to serve up a comforting bowl of nourishing soup, (it’s basically love in a bowl). If you’re looking for a vegetarian option (you can also make this meal vegan by…
Frittatas are such a great breakfast meal and the perfect option for a “Breakfast in Bed” (no dry itching crumbs or sticky syrup to spill on the sheets).
If you want to really impress, this frittata can be made in to individual serves using either small/mini fry pans or individual ramekins. We also recommend top with a sprinkle of fresh rocket to add lovely fresh peppery notes and a dollop or two of smooth and creamy goat’s cheese. Save any leftovers for a snack or lunch later on in the day, although considering how delicious this frittata is we are sure it will all be gobbled up straight away.
- In a cast iron fry pan (on oven safe fry pan), heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and grated squash and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper until fluffy. Mix through the grated parmesan cheese.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables in the fry pan, cook for 3-5 minutes or until the underside is set.
- Bake in a preheated 200 C degrees oven for approximately 5 – 10 minutes or until the frittata is cooked through, puffed and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.