It’s never too cold for sorbet. At least we don’t think it is! Say hello to our new Lemon Sorbet – a sweet and zesty dessert that is the perfect after-dinner treat.
- Add the caster sugar and water to a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil slowly, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil for 2 mins, then remove pot from the heat.
- Finely grate the zest of 3 lemons, then add to the sugar syrup. Halve all the lemons and squeeze the juice from them all. This should leave you with around 220ml of lemon juice. Add the lemon juice to the syrup, stir, then set aside to cool.
- Cover, then place the lemon syrup in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once thoroughly chilled, add another 100ml of cold water to the lemon mixture and churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Alternatively, if you don’t have an ice cream machine, pour the mixture into a freezer-friendly container, cover with a lid and freeze for 1 hour. After an hour, remove the container from the freezer and whisk the half-frozen sorbet to break up the ice crystals, before returning the container to the freezer for another 40 mins.
- Continue whisking the sorbet every 30-40 mins, until it is completely frozen and is the desired sorbet consistency.
- Serve the sorbet in a cone or in a bowl topped with fresh mint leaves, if desired.