Prep/Cook: 45 mins | Chill: 2-3 hours
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
Are you a lover of all things lemon? 🍋 If so, our new Lemon Tart will tick all your boxes! The filling is tangy and sweet, and the base is a delicious anzac crust. Mmm mmm!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm pie/tart dish.
- Combine the flour, sugar, coconut, oats, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the golden syrup and Bi-Carb soda. The mixture will foam slightly due to the soda so be mindful of this.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin, ensuring it covers the base and sides. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to flatten out the base.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, we recommend using an electric mixer. Using a whisk attachment, whisk together the lemon zest and egg yolks until pale and thickened.
- Add in the condensed milk and whisk until well combined and thickened. Lastly whisk in the lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon filling into the cooled biscuit base and bake in the oven for another 15 mins or until the filling is set and the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tart to cool for an hour. Then place it in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours.