These Mini Peach Tarts are the perfect post-dinner dessert or cheeky afternoon snack. They’re sweet and crunchy and just oh so good!
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Thaw the pastry for 20 mins, then cut into 9 equal squares and place on a lined baking tray, leaving space between each pastry square.
- Place the sliced peaches into a medium mixing bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and ¼ tsp vanilla extract. Gently fold together with a spatula.
- Layer 3 or 4 peach slices in the centre of each pastry square.
- Brush the pastry edges generously with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
- Bake the pastries on the centre oven rack at for 15-20 mins or until puffed and golden at the edges.
- Remove the peach tarts from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Use a sieve to sprinkle the tarts with icing sugar.