Sunday baking doesn’t get much better than this! Mushroom and Leek are front and centre on our new tart and believe us when we say that this one won’t last long once it’s out of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 210°C, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the puff pastry sheet onto the lined tray. Using a knife, very lightly score the pastry, leaving a 1cm border around the outer edge.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. When bubbling, cook the garlic and thyme for 1 min before adding the leeks. Cook until the leeks begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until they’re soft. Once done, carefully drain the mushroom mixture in a strainer.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture onto the pastry, within the border. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tart in the oven for 15 mins. Next, remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle over the cheese of your choice. Place tart back in the oven for around 5 mins, or until the cheese has melted and the pastry is golden brown.
- Once finished, remove the tart from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before slicing. Enjoy while it is still warm!