These airy, orange-spiked cupcakes are a step up from the usual plain vanilla version. Using a blender and fresh fruit, they are deceptively easy to make and are sure to become a family favourite. The fluffy moist cake paired with…
Name a cuter snack than these Mushroom & Parmesan Bites! We bet you can’t because they’re pretty darn adorable! Made using Mushrooms, Garlic & Thyme from your local Fruit and Veg shop, they’re such a yummy snack, and perfect for fussy eaters too.
- 1 ½ sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ tbsp dry white wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ blocks full fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan + extra for garnish
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray with spray oil.
- Cut your defrosted puff pastry into 3x ½ – 4 inch squares. Press the squares gently into the 12 muffin cups, then transfer the muffin tray to the freezer while you’re preparing the filling.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat. Melt the butter, then add in the diced onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme. Sauté until the vegetables are soft. If using, add the white wine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl to cool.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and the parmesan in a bowl before adding the cooled mushroom mixture. Stir to combine.
- Remove the muffin tray from the freezer. Evenly divide the cheesy mushroom mixture between the 12 puff pastry cups. Top each with a bit of extra parmesan.
- Mix the egg with a splash of water. Using a pastry brush, brush mixture onto the exposed puff pastry. Bake in the oven until the puff pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbling (around 20 mins).
- Once done, remove tray from the oven. Allow bites to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!