The weather is cold, but the meals are hot. Our hearty Mushroom Ragout with Creamy Polenta is sure to delight your household, and will have everyone coming back for seconds!
- Bring water to a boil, adding in a generous pinch of salt. Whisk in your polenta, stirring constantly until it becomes thick. Turn the heat down, and cook for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, stir through the butter and cream. Cook for another 10 mins. After that, turn off the stove and allow the polenta to steam for no more than 30 mins.
- In a deep pot, melt the butter, then cook your sliced mushrooms, garlic and thyme together until the mushrooms become brown.
- Add in the wine, and reduce until the liquid is about half the size. Add in your tomato passata and tomato paste, along with the soy sauce and simmer for 10 mins over a low heat.
- Taste and season with additional thyme, salt, or pepper if desired.
- Serve a generous spoon of polenta with the mushroom ragout on top. Enjoy!