Bring colour to your table with this quick and easy salad that pops with flavour. The cool fresh tastes from the herbs to the earthy sweet flavours from the carrots and beetroot are sure to impress any crowd. This salad…
Silky pasta with a rich flavoursome mushroom sauce is the perfect meal to satisfy all tastes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 375g mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 cups low salt home-made chicken stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g pappardelle pasta
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook gently about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium and cook until mushrooms soften.
- Increase heat to high, add wine and stock and cook until liquid reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to moderately slow, add tomatoes and bubble about 15 minutes or until a thick sauce.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain, and then tip into a large warm bowl with 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add cream, basil and oregano to sauce.
- Pour over pasta and gently toss.
Recipe by: Kate McGhie