Fasta, pasta! Tonight we’re whipping up a simple, fresh, and flavourful Tomato, Olive & Feta Pasta that will leave the whole family satisfied. Plus, it makes awesome leftovers – hot or cold!
Silky pasta with a rich flavoursome mushroom sauce is the perfect meal to satisfy all tastes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 375g mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 cups low salt home-made chicken stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g pappardelle pasta
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook gently about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium and cook until mushrooms soften.
- Increase heat to high, add wine and stock and cook until liquid reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to moderately slow, add tomatoes and bubble about 15 minutes or until a thick sauce.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain, and then tip into a large warm bowl with 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add cream, basil and oregano to sauce.
- Pour over pasta and gently toss.
Tip: Toss through halved cherry tomatoes for added colour.
Recipe by: Kate McGhie