Beat the winter blues by warming up to a bowl of Spicy Choko Soup!
Traditionally made using cheese curds, we’ve put a slightly more Aussie spin on this international classic, featuring some glorious rustic style chips.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 secs. Slowly stir in the stock and wine until combined.
- Scrape off brown bits from the base of the pan, then bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and gently boil for 2-3 mins or until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Strain the gravy into a jug/easy pour container.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over a high heat until the oil reaches 180C.
- Deep-fry the potatoes for 5-8 mins or until they’re golden and crunchy. Drain chips on a paper towel.
- Divide the fries between 4 plates and top with mozzarella pieces.
- Pour over the hot gravy and serve immediately! Note: You can reheat the gravy in the microwave if it has cooled slightly.