Planning meals for the weekend? Our garlic spaghetti aglio e olio will put a smile on anyone’s face, even the little ones! 🍝
Pumpkin is the shining star in our new pasta dish, paired perfectly with creamy blue cheese. This Pumpkin & Blue Cheese Pasta is a delight for your senses. So much so you’ll be wishing you made a double serve!
- 700g Kent pumpkin, cut into eight wedges (keep the skin on and seeds in)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 slices sourdough, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp lemon thyme leaves + extra to serve
- 2 tbsp butter
- 250g creme fraiche
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 250g pasta of your choice
- 160g creamy blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin wedges onto the tray. Scatter over the minced garlic and drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast pumpkin in the oven for 40 mins or until it is golden on the edges and tender.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, add the breadcrumbs, thyme and butter to a frypan and cook over a medium heat until the bread is toasted and crispy. Set aside once done.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for 15 mins. Reserve 3 wedges of cooked pumpkin, keeping the skin and seeds. Chop the wedges into bite-sized chunks and set aside.
- Scoop out the remaining cooked pumpkin flesh, discarding the seeds and skin. Add the flesh and remnants of oil from the tray into a blender. Add the creme fraiche, stock, and blitz to a smooth sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions in a pot of boiling water. Once done, drain the pasta and return it to the pot, along with the pumpkin mixture. Toss to coat.
- To serve, divide the pumpkin pasta between four bowls and top with the reserved roast pumpkin. Top with breadcrumbs and a slice of blue cheese. Season with more salt and pepper, and scatter with thyme leaves. Enjoy!