Our NEW Passionfruit Mousse is picture perfect! This smooth, creamy mousse topped with beautiful fresh Passionfruit from your local Fruit and Veg shop is a light treat that’ll delight.
Queenslanders, this one’s for you! Here is our take on the famous Ekka Strawberry Sundae! These beauties are guaranteed to brighten your day!
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 650g fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 140g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp strawberry liqueur (optional)
- TO SERVE
- Vanilla ice cream
- 225g fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- To make the strawberry sauce, in a blender, purée 1 ½ cups of the strawberries, then strain through a mesh strainer, pushing the purée down with a spoon. Combine the purée with the remaining strawberries and sugar.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the strawberry mixture and let stand for 10 mins before transferring mixture to a shallow ovenproof dish, large enough to arrange the strawberries in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for around 20 mins or until the strawberries are cooked and the juices have reduced to a syrup.
- To make the chocolate sauce, in a saucepan, bring the sugar and 3 tbsp of water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream and chopped dark chocolate, then cook over a low heat, stirring, until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat and stir through the liqueur, if using.
- To serve, spoon 2 tbsp of the chocolate sauce into the bottom of each sundae glass. Then add a scoop of ice cream, top with 2 tbsp of the roasted strawberry sauce. Repeat the layers, then top each glass with ¼ cup fresh strawberries.