Our Sweet Lemon Tiramisu is a twist on the classic Tiramisu dish! Incorporating fresh lemons provides of a deliciously zesty flavour that will delight the tastebuds!
Queenslanders, this one’s for you! Here is our take on the famous Ekka Strawberry Sundae! These beauties are guaranteed to brighten your day!
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 650g fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 140g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp strawberry liqueur (optional)
- TO SERVE
- Vanilla ice cream
- 225g fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- To make the strawberry sauce, in a blender, purée 1 ½ cups of the strawberries, then strain through a mesh strainer, pushing the purée down with a spoon. Combine the purée with the remaining strawberries and sugar.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the strawberry mixture and let stand for 10 mins before transferring mixture to a shallow ovenproof dish, large enough to arrange the strawberries in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for around 20 mins or until the strawberries are cooked and the juices have reduced to a syrup.
- To make the chocolate sauce, in a saucepan, bring the sugar and 3 tbsp of water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream and chopped dark chocolate, then cook over a low heat, stirring, until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat and stir through the liqueur, if using.
- To serve, spoon 2 tbsp of the chocolate sauce into the bottom of each sundae glass. Then add a scoop of ice cream, top with 2 tbsp of the roasted strawberry sauce. Repeat the layers, then top each glass with ¼ cup fresh strawberries.