Nothing says Spring quite like a salad with fresh seafood and fruit! Our Prawns and Grilled Watermelon with Feta is the perfect dish to invigorate your taste buds. It’s great as a side or for lunch, and would even make…
Salmon and bacon is a flavour combo you never knew you needed to try… until now! Our Salmon with Cabbage, Pecans and Bacon is a dish to impress.
Whether you’re entertaining friends or simply looking for an exciting new dinner idea, it’s a colourful and flavoursome option!
- 250 grams bacon, diced
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- 4 - 6 salmon fillets
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 tbsp shallots, freshly minced
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large fry pan, fry the diced bacon over medium heat and stir until browned, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cabbage and pepper, stir through with the bacon then cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the cabbage is well wilted.
- Remove from heat, stir through the pecans and transfer to a bowl.
- Place the salmon fillets in a roasting pan and add 1 cup wine and 2 tablespoons butter. Place cabbage mixture on top.
- Place in oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the shallots, remaining wine, vinegar and salt. Cook until the mixture reduced and is almost dry. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining butter.
- Arrange the salmon on a large serving platter and offer the sauce on the side.
- If you wish, serve with lightly steamed green vegetables of choice and roasted potatoes.