Look at these cute canapés! ? Our Avocado Christmas Trees are loved by both young and old, and are so easy to make.
Mushie recipes incoming! Celebrate Mushroom Week with these little bites of heaven. Meet our NEW Spinach & Mushroom Mini Quiches. They’re great as a light lunch or as a starter if you’re entertaining.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Using a 12cm-diameter round pastry cutter (or a glass/mug), cut 4 circles from each pastry sheet. Gently press the pastry circles into the muffin pan holes, easing the pastry up the side of each hole to reach the top of the pan.
- Next, line the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights/rice. Bake in the oven for 15 mins until the pastry is a light brown. Remove the baking paper and weights/rice. Set aside to cool for 10 mins.
- While you blind bake the pastry, heat the oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Next, add in the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 4 mins or until softened. Finally, add the spinach and stir until wilted. Transfer veg mix to a bowl or plate and set aside to cool.
- Divide half the cheese among the pastry cups. Next, top with the veg mixture, reserving a couple of tablespoons. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and reserved veg mixture.
- Whisk the eggs and cream in a jug until combined. Gently pour the egg mixture into the pastry cases, filling to the top of each pastry cup.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until just set and lightly browned. Serve while warm. Enjoy!