Looking for easy breakfast ideas? You’ll love this breakfast quesadilla recipe. Filled with eggs, cheese and vegetables this vegetarian savoury breakfast is filling, delicious and pretty quick to make.
Start your day the sweet way with our new Sweet Quinoa & Rockmelon Bowls. Beautiful Rockmelon from your local Fruit and Veg shop brings a pop of colour and a fresh bite to this healthy breakfast dish.
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups rockmelon, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt, to serve
- ½ cup almonds, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Add coconut milk, water, and quinoa to a pot and heat over a high heat until boiling. Once boiling, add in the honey and cinnamon. Stir, cover, and reduce heat to low for 20 mins.
- While the quinoa is cooking, toss the rockmelon in a bowl with the lemon juice, honey, and spices. Refrigerate until about to serve.
- Once the quinoa is cooked (it will resemble porridge), transfer it to a bowl or container and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Note: You’re welcome to eat it hot if you prefer!
- To serve, stir the quinoa then distribute it evenly between four serving bowls.
- Top each with the rockmelon, a dollop of Greek yoghurt, some almonds, mint leaves, and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!