The natural sweetness of Cara Cara oranges lends itself perfectly to this bright and zingy sorbet. It makes the perfect palate-cleansing dessert after a meaty Barbeque lunch and can be made well ahead of time and stored in the freezer.…
Muffins are great for breakfast, the school lunchbox or a light snack anytime of day.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Use a little of the melted butter to brush over 12 muffin pans.
- Combine remaining butter, sugar, yoghurt, egg, orange rind and juice. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda and add to moist mixture, folding through until just combined.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin pans and bake until golden brown and cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes.
- To prepare the Glazed Orange Slices or rind strips: mix sugar and water in a frying pan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, add orange pieces and cook gently 10 minutes, carefully turning to ensure they are coated with syrup.
- Top muffins with orange as soon as they come out of oven, spooning any extra syrup over while muffins are still in their pans.