Figs are in abundance right now, so we couldn’t resist making this delightful Fig, Pear, Goat’s Cheese and Walnut salad. The sweetness of the fruits paired with the tang of the cheese is a flavourful delight.
Quesadillas are one of our favourite Mexican dishes! The whole family will love our new Vegetarian Quesadilla! It’s packed with veggies and is delicious served with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole. If you want to add in meat, try some chicken or beef mince!
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, capsicum, coriander, red onion, cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, then line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- To build each quesadilla, sprinkle 3 tbs of grated cheese over half of the tortilla. Spread half a cup of the veggie mixture on top of the cheese, then sprinkle another 3 tbsp of cheese on top. Fold the other half of the tortilla on top, pressing down gently to make a half moon shape.
- Repeat step 3 to make the remaining quesadillas.
- Bake quesadillas in the oven for approx. 20 mins.
- Remove the quesadillas from the oven, and allow them to rest for 5 mins before cutting each in half using a serrated knife.
- Serve with guacamole and sour cream, if desired.